I have not thought about this question much, but I guess if I were to say what my main believes are, I would say that I beleive everyone has the right to have a say and participate in all areas of life that they wish. I beleive no one deserves to feel like a minority or to be discriminated against, including young children whom I beleive are seen as less important members of society compared to adults. I beleive it is important for us to respect each others believes and opinions as well as our own...
and yet many of these excellent beliefs are transgressed every day. How can we reshape society so that these beliefs are a reality in the lives of all children?
ReplyDeleteI think many individuals in society need to reflect more on their own beleives and values before they judge others and discriminate against others, which is unfortunately a common issue within society today. Maybe this can be changed through more education about minority groups or societal constructs in general.. possibly this could be a compulsory component of the school curriculum.. through education people wont be afraid of groups in society they are unsure about for example homosexuals.. alot of people are arrogant and discriminatory towards this group because they are scared and unsure.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to children being seen as equal to adults i think their participation in society could be more recognised, for example children should have their own art galleries or museums to display their art.. children should be aloud to make choices which is hopefully what parents will allow.. perhaps parents need to be educated on raising children or simply reminded that having power over children does not need to be abused... i know as an early childhood teacher I will practice equality amongst children and adults on a daily basis and will hopefully be able to educate parents aswell.